let's do this
The Pianist (2002) - directed by Roman Polanski. Starring Adrien Brody, Emilia Fox and Frank Finlay.
In order to connect with the feeling of loss required to play the role of The Pianist's Wladyslaw Szpilman, Adrien Brody got rid of his apartment, sold his car, didn’t watch television, learned to play Chopin on the piano and lost 29 pounds (xx).
one time in high school i didnt read the assigned book and i was like fuck it imma write this essay anyway and i had no idea what the book was even about or who the characters were so i just spewed out some shit about archetypes and the teacher came up to me after class and told me i was the only student who truly understood the book
so in sum:
- beyonce drops an album with no fucking warning and no promotions
- laughing in the face of lady gaga’s art pop expenses
- on the night lorde drops a “secret single”
- on taylor swift’s birthday
- when lupe fiasco had planned to drop his album
- thereby fucking up everyone’s end of the year lists especially rolling stones magazine
- on friday the 13th because fuck your illuminati bullshit
y’all literally could never